Track your studies in South Korea. Good news! Global Korea Scholarship 2022-2023 is presently open for Exchange students. In this article, we will clarify in detail about GKS Scholarship, its support, and the step-by-step application procedure.
Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) is a fully-funded grant for exchange scholars. This scholarship is presented for masters and undergraduate studies for the 2022-2023 session. The scholarship covers the living cost, settlement allowance, airfare, and medical insurance.
SNU ISI presents a exclusive chance for scholars to experience academic life at the Seoul National University, the Korea’s most admired university and one of the foremost universities in the world. SNU ISI’s taught by famed SNU and visiting faculty associates, bargains students a chance to study in-depth Korea and East Asia, as well as a range of topics from the disciplines of Economics and the Business Management to History, Politics, Sociology, and the Arts.
Since its founding in 2007, more than two thousand students from around the globe have contributed to the SNU ISI program to learn, experience, and enjoy remarkable summer of academics, activities, and long-lasting friendships.
Purpose: to provide meaningful experiences for exchange scholars regarding Korean culture and education; to strengthen the global capability of Korean universities.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
- Institution(s): SNUs partner universities
- Study in: South Korea
- Program Period: 4 months or 10 months (dependent on the student’s exchange period)
- Deadline: September / February (Annually)
College of Humanities
- Korean Language and Literature
- Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- French Language and Literature
- German Language and Literature
- Russian Language and Literature
- Hispanic Language and Literature
- Asian Languages and Civilizations
- Korean History
- Asian History
- Western History
- Archaeology and Art History
- Religious Studies
College of Social Sciences
- Political Science and International Relations
- Political Science
- International Relations
- Social Welfare
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physics and Astronomy
- Biological Sciences
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Plant Science
- Forest Sciences
- Food and Animal Biotechnology
- Applied Biology and Chemistry
- Biosystems & Biomaterials Science and Engineering
- Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering
- Agricultural Economics and Rural Development
College of Business Administration
- Business Administration
College of Education
- Korean Language Education
- English Education
- German Language Education
- French Language Education
- Social Studies Education
- History Education
- Geography Education
- Ethics Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
- Chemistry Education
- Biology Education
- Earth Science Education
- Physical Education
College of Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Architecture and Architectural Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Energy Resources Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
College of Fine Arts
- Oriental Painting
- Crafts and Design
College of Liberal Studies
- Liberal Studies
College of Human Ecology
- Consumer and Child Studies
- Food and Nutrition
- Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design
College of Music
- Vocal Music
- Instrumental Music
- Korean Music
College of Nursing
College of Pharmacy
- Manufacturing Pharmacy
College of Veterinary Medicine
- Preliminary Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
Inter disciplinary Programs for Undergraduates
- Computational Sciences
- Global Environmental Management
- Information Science and Culture Studies
- Media Art
- Technology Management
- Comparative Studies for East Asian Humanities
For more information, Click here.
- COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is constrained to students who are presently majoring in business or economics at their home university.
- Candidates who apply for the KOREAN HISTORY/ PSYCHOLOGY/ STATISTICS MAJOR must provide proof of Korean language ability. A reasonable level of Korean language capability should be either (1) Level 5 or above on the official Korean Language Talent Test or (2) Level 5 or above on the Korean Test exposed at the SNU Language Institute.
- COLLEGE OF LAW is NOT open to undergraduate level scholars from Spring 2018.
- School of Law, an expert law school for graduate-level students, will be open to undergraduate-level students from Fall 2018. Kindly note that these undergraduate scholars will be registered as graduate (Master’s) scholars in SNU law school during their studies.
Candidates who want to study in the discipline of Medicine, the Pharmacy, the Dentistry, the Nursing, the Music, and the MBA must, in advance, be counseled of their admissibility by SNU coordinators.
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE is no longer offered to exchange students.
- COLLEGE OF DENTISTRY is open ONLY to masters level scholars currently registered in a master program at School of Dentistry or corresponding at their home university. The scholar exchange program is not offered at the undergraduate level for the College of Dentistry.
- VOCAL MUSIC MAJOR is limited to students who are currently studying vocal music at their home university.
GKS Scholarship provides the receiver with the below profits:
- Living Expenses: 500,000 won per month.
- Settlement allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival.
- Round-trip Airfare: Reimbursement accessible within the set amount.
- Medical Insurance:20,000 won monthly (waged by each university).
Eligibility Criteria for GKS
To succeed for GKS Scholarship, the candidate must accomplish all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in at least the second semester of the home university program (= have completed at least one semester before they apply)
* We cannot thus acquire graduate scholars who are registered in the first semester of the Master’s program at their application phase.
- Applicants must fulfill the following GPA requirement. (From Fall 2020’s admission)
- Undergraduate: GPA 2.5/4.0 (equal to 2.7/4.3) or percentile rank 83
- Masters: GPA 3.0/4.0 (equal to 3.3/4.3) or percentile rank 89
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship?
Please follow the following application directions to apply for this scholarship.
- Candidates must be chosen by their universities and the application package should be sent by the university by e-mail, along with a formal nomination letter for the GKS scholarship.
- The nominated students will receive complete information on how to log in and apply online from the designated SNU coordinator.
- Apply to the exchange program the Onlinefill in the application, and upload the scanned copies of the documents below to the application system:
- A Certificate of Registration from the current university you are attending.
- Official University Transcript.
- Letter of Recommendationfrom an instructor at the present university.
- A Declaration of Purpose (a free essay in English or Korean).
- A Copy of the Candidate’s Passport.
- For Fine Arts, Music, and Physical Education candidates: Photographs of works/recording of performances
For more info on the exchange programme, Click here.
- Submit the application.
- Exchange program candidates can accomplish the application by online submission.
- All documents should be submitted and posted in ORIGINAL or verified as an official copy and should be in Korean or in English. If your documents are not in Korean or in English, please have your document translated into Korean or in English and have confirmed and sealed by an official body.
To know more about Global Korea Scholarship, please visit the official website: